If you are using our content for the first time or if Google updates its Chrome browser you may need allow Flash in the Chrome browser:
MAKE SURE YOUR BROWSER IS UPDATED:
1) Open the Chrome browser and go to the three dots in the upper right corner (below the X) which closes the Chrome browser.
2) Click them and choose "Help". In the flyout menu, choose "About Google Chrome". A page should open which shows if the browser is updated. If not, allow it to update the browser.
3) Close the page.
MAKE SURE FLASH IS UPDATED:
1) Check here to make sure Flash is updated in your browser: Flash Player Help
ALLOW FLASH ON THE PAGE:
1) Go to the page with the issue and click the "lock" icon in the URL bar at the top to the left of the website address. It should look like this:
Chrome "Lock" Menu
2) You should see a menu become visible. Select "Site Settings" at the bottom. The settings should open in a new window. Select Site Settings
3) Look in the settings list for Flash - it may be defaulted to Ask - change it to Allow. Then close the site settings window. Allow Flash in Site Settings
4) This should return you to the browser where you had the error. At the top of the screen should be a new message asking you to reload the page with the new settings. Click the Reload button. Reload Message
5) After reloading the page, Flash should be fully enabled on the page and Flash items should be functional.
6) If you still do not have functionality, you may need to clear your browsing history in Chrome. Open the Chrome browser and go to the three dots in the upper right corner (below the X which closes the Chrome Browser). Click them and choose "More Tools". Select "Clear Browing Data". NOTE: IF YOU USE YOUR BROWSING HISTORY, YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT THOSE SITES FIRST AND BOOKMARK THEM, AS THIS WILL DELETE WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU UNDER "HISTORY". Please delete Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and Cache (the first four defaulted checkboxes) and choose the Obliterate...from option "The beginning of time". This will clear out any incorrect pages in your browser memory.
Then you will want to retry your webpage to see if it is now functional.